Position: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Location: Bellefonte, PA
Salary Range: $28,000 - $33,000
Type: Full Time Exempt
The American Philatelic Society, the world’s largest non-profit, stamp collecting organization is seeking a Staff Accountant. This position will assist the CAO with the maintenance of the American Philatelic Society and the American Philatelic Research Library accounting systems that includes, but is not limited to the general ledger, revenue/receivables, and disbursements/payables accounting cycles.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a good understanding of the accounting process, exhibit a strong attention to detail, and be willing to be a team player.
- 3-5 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Access
- Knowledge of general ledger process
- Demonstration of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, this is a deadline-driven position
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL accounting software
- Associate Degree in accounting/business
- Ability to work in a small office environment
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and will work at our headquarters in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. Salary range is dependent on qualifications and other factors, but is typically between $28,000 and $33,000.
To guarantee consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, and a salary history to Rick Banks, Chief Administrative Officer, at email@example.com .
Position available immediately. Candidate must be able to begin no later than May 20, 2019.