- American Philatelist
- Buy and Sell
- Estate Advice
- Reference Collection
- Stamp Authentication
- Stamp Identification
- Young Collector
- Stamp Thefts
- Fraud Watch
- Book Publishing
Terms of Sale also available in .pdf format.
- The Society accepts no responsibility for items until they are received and reserves the right to reject any item for any reason or to change a description as it deems appropriate. Seller privileges may be revoked for repeated misdescriptions.
- Submission Fee & APS Commissions - A 10¢ submission fee per item is required. Our commission on sales for items received before August 1, 2014, is 20%.Our commission on sales for items received after August 1, 2014, is as shown in the table below. There is a minimum commission of 50 cents per item. (See #11 below for fees associated with the return of your unsold material.)
- Minimum Sale Price - Items must be priced at $1 or more any item priced below this amount will be returned.
- Grading - If a grade is placed on an item in the description (Avg., F, F-VF, XF) it must have a certificate indicating the grade otherwise this information is not included in the description.
- Higher Priced Material requires Certificate of Authentication - Items priced between $500-$999 are strongly recommended to have an expert certificate. Any item priced at $1000 or more requires a certificate of authenticity and if it does not have one will be returned to the owner.
- Two Year Selling Term w/ additional One Year Extension - Seller material is posted on the site for a period of two (2) years with all unsold material scheduled for return/donation after this period. Sellers will be given an opportunity to extend items for one additional year at the rate of 10 cents for each item to be extended. If items are not sold within the max three year period, they are returned (see #11 below for return processing/fees).
- Buyer Expertizing requests may result in Seller being charged APEX fee - Buyers may request that an item purchased be expertized before the purchase is final (note that expertizing is not available for items that do not have a sale price equal or greater than $50.) If expertized and the item is genuine, the cost of expertizing ($25) will be borne by the purchaser. If the item was misdescribed or faults are found that were not included in the description, the buyer may reject the item and request a refund of the purchase price/expertizing fee (seller then pays expertizing fee). An item may not be rejected for centering or any issue clearly visible from the scanned image. If the item is returned as “No Opinion” a processing fee of $8 is charged to the seller. This is why it is important to list all faults that you are aware of, as you may become responsible for expertizing fees for returns for failure to list faults.
- Buyer Returns - Buyers have a 30-day money back guarantee on any item. Items returned will be re-offered for sale with minor amendments to the description or returned to the seller if there are major misdescriptions which reflect on the pricing.
- Online Seller Reports - Sellers may review the status of their submitted item(s) online or change prices on items at any time prior to sale by accessing the MyAPS/MyStamps section of the www.StampStore.org.
- Seller Payment Schedule - A statement will be sent to sellers each month with payment for sold items. *NOTE all items have a 30 day return period which has to expire before a check is issued to seller. So items will say "sold/payment pending" for 37 days before we push proceeds to seller accounts (this allows for returns to be received).
- Unsold Material Returns/Fees - Unsold material returned to a seller will be charged 1% of the total sale price value plus full postage/handling costs to return material (fees start at $2.95 for packages containing a few items and go up from there; packages containing values of $200 and up will be mailed USPS first class/priority with signature confirmation unless seller specifies otherwise). *Any material returned due to misidentifications, faults, etc. will be returned each month with the same charges being applied. Seller privileges may be revoked for repeated misdescriptions.
- Additional Contact Information – We recommend all sellers to complete the “in the event of death form” so that we have contact information on file for who to contact if we can no longer reach the seller. If we are unable to contact a seller or their heirs within three years after a submission is due to be returned, all unsold items and proceeds will be treated as a donation to the American Philatelic Society.
- Seller Rights Granted to APS - To enable the APS to use the information you supply, including for education purposes, you (the seller) agree to grant the APS a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise any copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in your listing.
Tiered Commission items received after Aug. 1, 2014
Up to $100
$101 - $250
$251 - $500
$501 - $1,000
|If you have any questions concerning any of the above information email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer your questions as soon as possible.|
Protect Your Personal Information
Be very cautious of any email that asks you to submit information such as your credit card information or your email password. APS will NEVER ask you for sensitive personal information such as Passwords, Bank Account or Credit Card Numbers, Personal Identification Numbers (PINs), or Social Security Numbers in an email.
Update your personal information ONLY on the APS website. Login, then go to MY APS to edit your member profile.
|For more information on spoof email click HERE.|