Chicago 2021 International Show in Planning Stages
American Philatelic Society Executive Director, Scott English, has announced the formation of the Chicago 2021 Advisory Committee to help lead APS efforts for the mid-term international show to be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL from August 12-15, 2021. The Committee will work with the APS staff to develop events, recruit international and special exhibits, and promote the event.
“Chicago 2021 will help us bridge the 10-year gap between our last international show and build momentum for our next international, Boston 2026,” said English, “We’ve assembled some of the finest leaders in the hobby to help make Chicago 2021 a must-attend event.”
The Advisory Committee members are:
- Honorary Chairman: Robert Zeigler, President, American Philatelic Society
- Cheryl Ganz, Vice President, American Philatelic Society
- Rich Drews, Director-at-Large, American Philatelic Society
- Mark Schwartz, Director-at-Large, American Philatelic Society
- Wade Saadi, President, World Stamp Show – NY 2016 and Past President, American Philatelic Society
- Dr. Yamil Kouri, Director, Boston 2026 World Expo and APS Vice President (2013-2016)
- Patricia Stilwell-Walker, Vice President, American Philatelic Research Library and past President, American Association of Philatelic Exhibitors
- Kathy Johnson, APS Treasurer (2009-2011)
English also announced two events at the upcoming StampShow/National Topical Stamp Show, jointly-sponsored by the APS and the American Topical Association in Omaha, Nebraska from August 1-4, 2019 at the CHI Health Omaha Center.
Omaha Stamp Soirée
The annual APS fundraiser this year will go to support efforts for Chicago 2021. The event will be held at the Strategic Air Command Museum and Aerospace Museum in Omaha. The museum, located in Ashland, Nebraska, commemorates the Strategic Air Command mission that has called Omaha home since 1948.
“There are great supporters who’ve lined up for the evening,” added English, “We’ll be working to grow that list in Omaha and beyond. Those funds will be used to support enhanced features of a traditional StampShow.”
Chicago 2021 Advisory Committee Meeting
On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 11 am Central, the Chicago 2021 Advisory Committee will meet in the Room 215 at the CHI Health Center Omaha. The Committee will start discussing resource needs, activities, and international outreach efforts. Interested APS members are welcome to attend.
For more information about the Chicago 2021 show, contact: Chicago2021@stamps.org