The elective officers of the Society – President, three Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, and four Directors-at-Large – are elected by the members of the society by ballot every three years. At the same time the APS membership also elects two members for the American Philatelic Research Library Board of Trustees
Links are provided to the right of the screen for general election information and the forms required.
APS Elections: President, Board of Vice Presidents (Slate of three), Secretary, Treasurer, Director-at-Large (Four seats)
APRL Elections: Trustee (Two elected at-large and one elected by Founder/Patrons/Fellows)
- October 1, 2021: Post Election Procedures and Board nominating application to APS Website. Earliest possible date to receive a nomination or second.
- October/November 2021: Election announcement appears in APS newsletter.
- November 1, 2021: Nominations/Seconds officially opens.
- November 2021: Election announcement in The American Philatelist.
- December 31, 2021: Deadline to participate in joint candidate mailing to APS Chapters.
- January - April 2022: List Candidates in The American Philatelist with indication of whether required seconds have been received.
- Mid-January 2022: Joint mailing sent to chapters.
- January 30, 2022: Deadline to appoint Election Review Board.
- February 15, 2022: Online candidates forum.
- March 1, 2022: Deadline for candidate statement copy to The American Philatelist.
- March 31, 2022: Nominations/Seconds officially closes.
- April 1, 2022: Deadline to send to Secretary any Bylaws amendments.
- May 2022: Election Ballot included in issue of The American Philatelist.
- June 11, 2022: Voting closes at noon.
- June 15, 2022: Results tabulated; candidates notified. Results announced on Society website and by electronic mail.
- August 27, 2022: Officers installed following the General Membership Meeting, Great American Stamp Show 2022, Sacramento, CA.