Position: Membership Assistant
Reports to: Chief Membership Officer
Starting Salary: $24,000 - $25,000 plus benefits
Position Available: Immediately
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; a couple Saturday’s per year
Work Location: American Philatelic Center, Bellefonte, PA
The American Philatelic Society, the nation’s largest organization for stamp collectors, serves its
28,000 members from the historic Match Factory in Bellefonte. Our facility includes
administrative offices, a public library, post office, and rental space available for public events.
We receive visitors who take tours, purchase stamps, and use our services.
- Serve as receptionist for both visitors and callers, answering questions and referring callers to other staff as needed
- Maintain and update membership and prospect records/database
- Assist with mailings, filing and other clerical work
- Answer membership inquiries (phone, e-mail and letter)
- Accept payments (in person and over the phone)
- Receive and process incoming and outgoing mail/faxes
- Assist postal patrons
- Manage brochures and visitor information.
- High school diploma
- Excellent customer service and professional appearance
- Moderate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet)
- Excellent and accurate typing and data entry
- Strong multi-tasking
- Flexibility and Self-Direction
- Ability to stay focused on repetitive tasks
Desired (plusses) but not required
- Associate degree
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of stamp collecting
Applications accepted until position filled.
Send resume and cover letter to Ken Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-933-3803 x 218