Be Concise in Your Descriptions
- Buyers can search by looking for words included in your description of the item. Use of standard terms and topics may lead to more buyers reviewing your material. Some terms you may consider for inclusion: booklet, coil, proof, specimen, essay, or precancel. If you are submitting a topical item use an appropriate keyword such as train, bird, truck, etc.
Do not include Avg., F, F-VF, XF in your description — this will not be listed on any sales form unless a certificate confirming that grading is supplied with the submissions.
Faults such as thins, creases, pulled perfs, etc., even if visible, must be clearly described otherwise they will be returned along with a fine.
- Items must be priced at $1 or more
any item priced below this amount will be returned. We recommend sellers to competitively price their material to fall within the 40%-60% of the catalog value for a grade of very fine (unless a certificate is provided to confirm grading). Our more successful sellers price their items below the 50% level.
Faults, such as pulled perfs, thins, tears, scuff marks, no gum on mint stamps, etc., would reduce the asking price considerably.
If you price items higher than other sellers who are submitting material your sales will suffer in comparison to those who use the above pricing guidelines. **Click for additional help for pricing and mounting material
Affix Items Neatly and Securely
- Affix the item(s) in the large box on the top half of the form using a clear mount. Items are scanned as submitted so it is very important that the mounts are clear, the items are mounted straight, and all items being sold are either visible for scanning or are listed in the description. Do not use hinges - WE WILL RETURN ALL ITEMS THAT ARE MERELY HINGED TO A SUBMISSION SHEET - THEY WILL FALL OFF.
Items which cannot be scanned as submitted may be returned at the owners expense.
APS no longer sells mounts. Mounts for use on the forms are available from ClearBags.com
Suggested sizes listed:
• For reg. singles/standard commemorative - 1 5/8” x 1 1/2” + Flap, Crystal Clear Bags® [SKU: B1X1] (View)
• For larger singles and regular blocks of 4 - 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” + Flap, Crystal Clear Bags® [SKU: B2X2] (View)
• For normal commemorative plate blocks - 4 1/2” x 2 13/16” + Flap, Crystal Clear Bags® [SKU: B4X2] (View)
• For No. 6 ¾ envelopes - 6 11/16” x 4 3/4” + Flap, Crystal Clear Bags® [SKU: B56M] (View)
• For No. 10 envelopes - 9 7/8” x 4 7/16” + Flap, Crystal Clear Bags® [SKU: B49XL] (View)
**APS members can SAVE 5% on EVERY order with ClearBags.com by using Promo Code: APS5
If other types of mounts are used, please note they should be closed on at least two sides, preferably three sides, so the items are secure thus no loss or damage can occur - if any tape is used we recommend Scotch® Magic™ Tape which allows for easy peel off so the stamps will not get damaged when trying to remove the mount from the submission sheet.
When affixing a set, each stamp must be visible. If the item is too large for the space provided, mount it on a separate sheet of paper and attach it to the submission form. Each sheet is hole punched for storage so keep items away from the left edge of the form. **Click for additional help for pricing and mounting material
Security and Protection
- DO NOT list your name and APS number on the submission sheets. For seller security, we make every attempt to not release names and APS member numbers to buyers. Your seller ID now automatically appears with your listings encouraging buyers to view other items available for sale by using the seller ID – you remain anonymous. However, if you wish to advertise in “The AP” or other places and release your name and seller number, that is your prerogative. To locate your Seller ID log in and go to MyAPS, then MyStamps the ID is located at the top of your MyStamp area.
- Click here
to view a sample completed submission form.
Submission Fee + Commissions + Return Fee for unsold material -
NOTE: Beginning Jan. 1, 2021 submission fee per item will be 25¢ and commissions will be a flat 20% on all items sold (tiered commissions will no longer apply).
(**Fees are also charged for the return of unsold items and misdescriptions - see the terms of sale for complete information.)
A completed submission form constitutes agreement of our StampStore Terms of Sale.