Visits & Tours
The American Philatelic Center is the home of the American Philatelic Society and American Philatelic Research Library. The Center is located in a restored nineteenth-century match factory complex listed on the National Historic Register — consisting of a series of interconnected buildings, the oldest of which were built in 1899. Visitors are welcome to tour the historic Center and see the valuable services we offer first hand!
Hours of Operation:
Mon. - Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern
- May 29, 2023: Memorial Day
- July 3 & 4, 2023: Independence Day
- Sept. 4, 2023: Labor Day
- Nov. 23 - 24, 2023: Thanksgiving
- Dec. 15: Closed in the afternoon for the APS staff holiday party
- Dec. 25, 2023 - January 1, 2024: Christmas & New Year's
Plan Your Trip
Map Links and Directions to the American Philatelic Center
Local Hotels, Bed & Breakfast Options and Special Rate Information for APS Members
Online Resources for State College and all of Happy Valley
Beaver Stadium is less than 10 miles from the American Philatelic Center! Catch a game while you're in town.