The American Philatelic Society and Research Library are located in historical Bellefonte Pennsylvania. We are a non-profit membership organization with 28,000 members, 31 staff, and hundreds of volunteers. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Graphic Designer- The American Philatelic Society
The Graphic Designer oversees the organization’s visual branding on all aspects of print and digital publication. A major focus is the design and layout of the APS member magazine, The American Philatelist. The employee must have a solid understanding of visual design principals and be able to present a high quality, engaging product for the APS brand, promoting membership and products. The Graphic Designer also produces signage and programs for trade shows, print and digital advertising, and other products as requested.
- Design and layout two member magazines, The American Philatelist (monthly) and Philatelic Literature Review (quarterly).
- Web page visuals, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials for the American Philatelic Society and the American Philatelic Research Library.
- Create these materials using Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other design software as needed.
- Meet with internal and external clients to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like.
- Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Select type size and style to enhance the readability of text and image.
- Produce drafts for review by internal and external clients and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect client specifications.
- BA/BS or Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or related visual design studies.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, designing print and digital periodicals and creative promotion or advertising materials
- Superior, demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite and similar design software.
- Previous experience in print magazine design and layout.
- Fluency in English
Please send your resume, links to work product and other supporting content to:
Thomas Loebig, Chief Content Officer, American Philatelic Society firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes without work product examples will not be considered.
The American Philatelic Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state or federal laws.