Position: Youth Education Specialist
Reports to: Education Director
Location: Bellefonte, PA
Type: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
The American Philatelic Society is looking for an Youth Education Specialist to serve all aspects of our education programs, both online and in-person. We are looking for a dynamic individual with communications, marketing, or education experience to develop educational content and develop in-person educational courses for youth and adults. The Youth Education Specialist is responsible for working with the Director of Education to plan, implement, and evaluate youth and adult educational programming.
Candidates must be motivated to modernize practices with work behind-the-scenes—both independently and within a team environment—to seamlessly meet deliverables. Taking the initiative, attention to detail, sound decision making, time-management, and the ability to respectfully manage up are requisite skills and particularly crucial for this position. Strong candidates must be bright, energetic, highly disciplined, flexible to the demands of a not-for-profit organization, and excited to work in an achievement-oriented and entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage and collect all educational programs data,
- Chief contact for the fulfillment of Stamps Teach instructional materials and member requests for materials supporting educational programs,
- Schedule and support instructors for virtual learning events and in-person courses
- Assist with planning, implementing, and evaluating Summer Seminar, virtual learning events, Great American Stamp Show, and Volunteer Work Week.
- Assist in developing instructional materials for use in schools, after school programs, and by philatelic clubs or groups,
- Lead the Young Stamp Collectors of America (YSCA): publishing monthly newsletter with interactive activities, maintaining YSCA member database, distributing YSCA membership materials,
- Develop and provide programs for youth.
Marketing and Instructional Material
- Process and publish educational content across platforms,
- Design promotional and supporting material for educational programming through print and digital media,
- Develop and maintain Education Department web pages,
- Investigate and recommend the use of digital technology where applicable.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Education
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English, education, or related field,
- Digitally savvy and experienced: familiar with web tools, email, and social media platforms and channels, and a demonstrated comfort level working with data, metrics,
- Excellent conceptual, verbal, and written storytelling skills,
- Familiarity with editorial best practices and excellent grammar and proofreading skills,
- Excellent attention to detail, project management, and time-management skills,
- Individual contributor with the ability to cultivate strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external educators,
- Honest, high level of work ethic and integrity, assertive, and possesses a strong desire to succeed,
- Portfolio showing healthy strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables,
- MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint skills
- 3-5+ years of experience with digital platforms and online instruction,
- Track record of managing multiple projects on a schedule,
- Visually inclined and expertise with creative design suites,
- Familiarity and intellectual curiosity about philately and stamp collecting
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a great team, and a fun and agile work environment. Applicants must be able to work from our headquarters in Bellefonte.
Please send a letter of interest, qualifications, work samples, and salary requirements to Ross Jones, Director of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org