In a series of blog posts, Canada Post revealed the first stamps of its 2019 program: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, From Far and Wide and Year of the Pig. These new issues coincide with a new domestic postage rate increase from $1 to $1.05.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is honored on Canada Post's latest stamp. This Permanent (domestic rate) stamp features a photo of Her Majesty taken by Chris Jackson in 2017. The stamp was designed by Steven Slipp, whose work has appeared on more than 20 stamps.
Inspired by the lyrics from "Oh Canada" is the second set of stamps in Canada Post's From Far and Wide series. This series of nine definitive stamps explores Canada's breathtaking locations and landscapes.
Locations included are:
- Tombstone Territorial Park, Yukon
- Athabasca Falls, Jasper National Park, Alberta
- Quttinirpaaq National Park, Nunavut
- Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
- Little Limestone Lake Provincial Park, Manitoba
- Castle Butte, Big Muddy Badlands, Saskatchewan
- Smoke Lake, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario
- Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve, Quebec
- Iceberg Alley, Ferryland, Newfoundland and Labrador
Canada Post boasts two new stamp designs to celebrate this Lunar New Year, the Year of the Pig to be released on January 24. Stamp designers Albert Ng and Seung Jai Paek based their stamp designs (the 11th in a 12-stamp series) on the story of Zhu Bajie, a character from the 16th-century Chinese novel Journey to the West.
Visit Canada Post's website for complete item details and for ordering information.