Stamps By Mail
Buying Through Mail
Circuit Mail Sales is a members only service offering buyers a hands-on shopping experience through the mail which allows them to examine the stamps BEFORE they purchase. The service is limited to U.S. member. All material being sold is owned by APS members.
Sign up to become one of our satisfied Shop At Home Customers – its easy!
6 Simple Steps to a Better Stamp Collection:
Select your Area of Interest
Get assigned to a "multiple circuit"
Based on your zip code you will be assigned to a circuit list for each category you select. Names will be added in order of receipt with up to ten names per circuit.
Purchase a rubber stamp
You can write your APS # and initials in purchase spaces, but a rubber stamp is more secure and legible. Therefore, we recommend that you purchase a rubber stamp to mark the spaces in the sales book where you remove a stamp or cover for purchase. A rubber stamp impression should fit within a one-inch square space
and should contain your APS #
and initials or last name
. Search the web for sites that offer one inch rubber stamps at a minimal cost. Discount Rubber Stamps
offer the Excelmark 9022-B and 9022-D which may be good options for only $6.99. **(Again remember the stamp should be no larger than 1 inch x 1 inch).
Receive Sales Books and Make purchases
Circuits are sent several times a year depending on the popularity and availability of the categories. The first person on the list will receive the sales books, purchase desired items, and mark the vacant spaces with his/her personal stamp. Circuits may be retained for a MAXIMUM of 7 days. If forwarded promptly, each circuit will complete its round in 6 to 15 weeks.
A special report sheet is included in the package for each member on the circuit. This sheet is used to document purchases and to submit payment directly to the APS. If you misplaced the sheet or did not receive one with your circuit, click here
to print one for remitting your payment.
Forward the Circuit to the Next Person
Within seven (7) days you should forward the circuit to the next person via USPS Priority Flat-Rate with USPS Tracking and keep your tracking receipt.
- If you receive the circuit in a small Priority flat rate box, obtain one free from the post office to forward the circuit. If you received it in one of our boxes in a Priority flat rate padded envelope, obtain these envelopes free from your post office.
- Use the appropriate address label provided to mail it to the next address on the circuit list.
- Send each shipment to the next person using Priority Flat-Rate with USPS Tracking (tracking is at no additional charge when using Priority flat-rate mailers). Be sure to get a receipt containing the tracking number and keep it with your records. Should the package become lost, this is your proof of mailing to the next person and relinquishes your responsibility of the material.
Selling Through Mail
Circuit Sales acts as an agent for APS members who wish to sell some of their philatelic material.
Special sales books are used for selling thru the APS. The sales books measure 5 x 8-inches and are available in five different styles depending on the type material you are submitting (singles, blocks, or cover). Items larger than the book size of 5 x 8 inches cannot be accepted. You may also purchase low-cost mounts for use in the sales books.
Purchase Supplies from the APS.
Supply Order Form in pdf for ordering by mail.
Prepare and submit your items
Items are received and prepared for circulation
Circuit Sales checks each sales book for pricing, clarity of description, and proper mounting. Each book is then assigned to a category; given a unique APS book number; photographed (each page is photographed for the protection of our members); and an acknowledgement is sent to the seller.
Sales books are circulated for approximately 18 months, after which, they are automatically processed for retirement and returned to the owner with payment for items sold. A book will be retired before eighteen months if there is less than $10 in unsold material remaining. NOTE: BOOKS MAY TAKE LONGER THAN 18 MONTHS TO BE PAID OUT AS THE CIRCUIT MEMBERS MAY NOT HAVE THEM RETURNED TO US IN ORDER TO RETIRE AT EXACTLY 18 MONTHS. Some may pay out in 20+ months.
Payment and Charges
Payment is made to the seller upon retirement of the sales book, and after deduction of appropriate charges:
- 20% commission on material sold, with a $3.00 minimum per book.
- 1% insurance charge, based on the original value submitted. (This provides complete coverage against loss or damage while the material is in the hands of Circuit Sales.)
- Return postage.
- Any fines levied by examiners for improperly identified items.
- All Circuit Sales charges are deducted at the time of retirement and are itemized on the retirement statement.