Putting You in Touch with Customers!
Join the more than 440 recognized dealers in the APS family of professional philatelists.
Purpose of APS Dealer Memberships
Registration of dealer status is provided as a service to identify the professional dealers who are APS members for the benefit of the hobby. APS provides a source to put customers in touch with our dealer members. There is a $25 annual fee for registering your professional status and this does not affect your individual membership in the Society. Dealers can apply for full or part-time dealers status.
Must be an APS member.
Age 21 or older.
Earn a living in whole or in part through selling stamps and philatelic items.
Must have been engaged in the stamp business for two years.
Provide Sales Tax or Resale Number (Outside U.S. provide VAT Number) and submit a copy of your Resale License.
Have a good credit standing and sound commercial reputation.
Abide by APS Code of Ethics (same code all members abide by).
$25 per year.
Benefits of APS Dealer Listing
- Free listing in the searchable online APS Dealer Directory used by collectors worldwide.
- 40% discounts on APS publications for orders of 10 or more mixed titles, or on orders of 5 or more of the same title.
- Availability of mailing lists of Society members tailored to your geographic or collecting interest specifications. APS members are known buyers, and our mailing lists produce customers.
- Eligibility to be a booth holder at StampShow.
- Inclusion in dealer-related mailings and notices of the Society.
- Use of the APS logo to identify yourself as an APS Dealer member. Your customers will appreciate knowing you are a trusted, responsible member of America’s national stamp Society.
- You have access to the many services of the APS that can help you as a dealer — Sales Division, Internet Sales, Expertizing, and The American Philatelist are valuable resources to our dealer members.
To Apply for Dealer Status
Simply print and complete a Dealer Member Application and return it with the $25 annual dealer fee along with a copy of your resale license (VAT No. if outside US or provide other proof of business status). Dealers will be asked each year to complete a "Dealer Update" report so that we can make sure the information we are sharing with members is up to date.