Now through June, membership rates are prorated but the benefits are 100%.
- $25.50 for U.S. Residents
- $30.50 for Canadian Residents
- $35.50 Worldwide
Why the American Philatelic Society?
The American Philatelic Society, the largest stamp collecting organization in the world, has something for every collector. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced philatelist, membership in the APS will help you grow your knowledge and your enjoyment of the hobby. Since 1886, APS members have shared their experience with stamps and postal history, as well as their lifelong accumulations, with fellow collectors around the world. Along the way, these collectors have built friendships to last a lifetime.
What are APS member-exclusive benefits?
The following benefits offer APS members ways to grow their knowledge, expand their collections and connect with other resources in the hobby. APS member benefits include:
Check out all the benefits here!
What resources do we have?
APS has many resources for members to cultivate their interests and learn more about the hobby, including stamp shows, stamp news, dealers and clubs, educational courses, and more.
- Dealer Members: APS Member Dealers are listed with full contact information on Stamps.org. These dealers offer a variety of services (buying and selling stamps, appraisals, and more) and adhere to the APS Code of Ethics.
- Local Club Listings: Hundreds of local stamp clubs have joined with the APS as chapters and nearly 200 groups are APS affiliates. These organizations understand the importance of the philatelic experience and stand ready to help you expand your collecting horizons.
- Show Calendar: Stay updated and mark your calendar for a philatelic show, exhibit, or dealer bourse near you.
And we have more resources for you to explore by clicking here!
Why should you join?
APS has been providing resources and community to its members since 1886. We are an organization with passion and hope for philately. We take care of everyone’s interests and provide our members with comprehensive services. If you are a philatelic enthusiast, we sincerely invite you to join our community today and interact with other collectors. While sharing your philatelic stories with fellows, experts, and other members, you will find your stamp collecting experience enriched in unexpected and unprecedented ways.
Why would you recruit?
APS members are our best recruiters, because you know exactly why membership in the American Philatelic Society is important!
Your personal stories of continuous learning and social experience as a current APS member is exactly what we want you to share with potential members. With your efforts, we will continue to grow; not just the APS, but the whole hobby.
Plus, the APS gives members $5 every time you successfully recruit a new member. Don’t wait to put a real dent in your annual membership fee!
Why join/recruit now?
“Now” is always the earliest and best time to start a new adventure, especially when the APS offers pro-rated pricing. If not now, when? Here are some details to remember:
How to recruit?
Here's a few simple ways to recruit new members:
- Share your collecting story and give an application to join to a friend;
- Share a stamp with someone of a topic of interest (does your colleague love cats, lighthouses, Star Wars….give them a stamp of the topic);
- Share a podcast story, an interesting article or a copy of “The American Philatelist”;
- Share why you are a proud member of APS or about an APS service that really helped you;
- Share resources from stamps.org – U.S. New Stamp Issues, event calendar, buying and selling opportunities, etc. and invite them to join online.
- Invite a friend to come along to a stamp show or club meeting;
- Invite others to interesting online Stamp Chats;
- Post something fun about your collection on social media or at work on the bulletin board – you may spark interest or find colleagues that also collect.
Where to find interested, potential members?
“... Interests are not discovered through introspection. Instead, interests are triggered by interactions with the outside world.” ― Angela Duckworth
At the APS, we believe that there are several reasons why people join organizations, but the most obvious reason is that they were asked. Thus, everyone around you may be interested in philately, regardless of age, gender, belief, and identity. Potential members are only waiting for you to ignite their interests in the hobby with a simple question or invitation!
Who to recruit?
APS is an inclusive organization and we would like to serve all interested members.
Stamp collecting is a family activity, so you can invite your family members. We have programs to educate younger generations through philately, and we call on students and teenagers to join. We embrace adults who have abandoned philately for various reasons but have always dreamed of returning to the organization. We also want to serve older people who have been using stamps and letters to communicate throughout their lives.
Anyone in your community who wants to explore the world or share their stories is the person we are willing to recruit. APS is a big family, and each unique member makes us more diverse and stronger.
What recruiting tools do you have?
We do have advice for you and encourage you to check out the recruiting tools at your disposal. See these tips about how to recruit new members for the APS!
Share the membership application by clicking here, copy the url in the browser bar, and email or text to a friend.